~ RECITALS ~
This studio offers at least two performing opportunities a year. Awards are given after the performances. All students receive a certificate of participation for the recital. Students are encouraged to participate as much as possible. Most recitals are formal, but we have had many themed recitals including:
- Costumed Recitals (students dress up like their songs!)
- Art Recitals (Students make a poster to depict their music during their performance)
- Senior Spotlights (A formal event for Seniors to perform music highlighting their high school training)
- Hymn Sing-Alongs (Students learn hymn arrangements to perform)
- Patriotic (Students dressed in Red/White/Blue)
- Veterans Day, Flag Day, St.Patrick's Day
Recitals are not required but are highly suggested as they provide many benefits such as:
1. Setting and achieving goals
2. Playing in front of an audience to promote artistry and self-esteem
3. Opportunity to see fellow pianists at different stages of performing
4. Challenging one's private work with a public performance
5. The only known way to work out "the gitters" of nervousness! The more you perform, the more comfortable you get on the stage
6. A chance to play in a large auditorium setting.
I do not require memorization of pieces for a recital, although many students do play their songs from memory. Recitals are formal, requiring proper attire and behavior on stage.
Sometimes a recital fee is required to participate. This is non-refundable.